Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Princess

Unfortunately on April 2nd, our little dog Princess got under the back neighbor's fence. Their dog had dug a hole under the chicken wire that we had put up. Their dog attacked her. She had 3 broken ribs, a punctured lung, 8 other puncture wounds, and a lot of muscle damage. The vets were optimistic about her. On Tuesday, the 3rd, she had surgery to repair what they could and had drain tubes put into the bite wounds on her back. We brought her home that evening, again with high hopes. In the middle of the night I got up with Kyleigh around 4:30am. As I crawled back into bed I checked on Princess and gave her a kiss on her head. About 5 minutes later I found myself wide awake. I quickly checked on Princess again and she had passed away. She was in so much pain that her little body couldn't handle anymore. When the girls woke up we had a little funeral for her. Brooklyn has understood more then what I thought she would and is constantly asking questions. Abigail is too young to really know what is going on. I haven't been handling this very well. I miss her very much. And even though I know that she is in a much better place and is no longer hurting it has still been really hard. I am so grateful that the Atonement wasn't just for people and we will get to be with her again :) We love you Princess!

2 comments:

Kimi said...

Such a sad thing. I am so very sorry you had to go through this. I know you have had a very hear month or so. I am praying for and your sweet family. You are so dear to me and I hate knowing your are so sad.I love ya tons Kelsie.

Diana said...

I am so sorry. It's amazing how animals are part of the family and how much they mean. Thanks for reminding me that the Atonement was for more than just us!